Subject: For your action: A short survey on national surveillance systems for non-cholera Vibrio and Shewanella infections - Deadline: 31 January 2025
From: "FWD ECDC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Maritschnik Sabine" <[email-masked]>, "Christian.Kornschober" <[email-masked]>, "dieter.vancauteren" <[email-masked]>, "Geraldine.DeMuylder" <[email-masked]>, "mimipavlovaa" <[email-masked]>, "iva.pem-novosel" <[email-masked]>, "sanja.kurecicfilipovic" <[email-masked]>, "aaristodimou" <[email-masked]>, "mcharalambous" <[email-masked]>, "ondrej.daniel" <[email-masked]>, "michaela.spackova" <[email-masked]>,Eva Møller Nielsen <[email-masked]>, "Steen Ethelberg"
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>, "Julia Geller" <[email-masked]>, <
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2025 15:07:09 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To: National Focal Points for Food- and Waterborne Diseases and Zoonoses

Cc: National Coordinators, FWD Coordination Committee

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of Ettore Amato at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, FHI, 
in Norway, we kindly invite the NFPs for FWD to participate in a survey on 
surveillance systems for non-cholera Vibrio and Shewanella infections in 
EU/EEA countries. If you are unable to answer the survey, please forward it 
to a colleague who has knowledge of non-cholera Vibrio and Shewanella 
surveillance in your country. Please note that data will be collected at 
national level, and only one response per country will be considered. 
Currently, these infections are not under mandatory EU-wide surveillance.

A preliminary survey conducted in 2019 provided an initial overview of the 
existing surveillance systems. Five years later, we are conducting a new 
survey as an EPIET project under the ECDC fellowship programme to get an 
updated overview. Your input is highly valued and will contribute to 
understanding the status of surveillance for these infections in Member 
States, particularly in the context of climate change and climate-sensitive 
infectious diseases.

The collected data will be useful to ECDC and to Member States where an 
assessment on a future introduction of such surveillance systems is planned, 
or for possible harmonization of EU case definitions.

To participate, please complete the online questionnaire by 31st January 
2025 (estimated time 10-15 mins). You can access the survey here: 
<https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/e4c77b57-08f1-646d-5409-5e291ec67b5b> 
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/e4c77b57-08f1-646d-5409-5e291ec67b5b

If you have any questions or need further clarification, please contact 
Ettore Amato ( <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]) or EPIET 
fellow Arthur Rakover ( <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]).

The survey results will be shared with the NFPs for FWD. A scientific 
publication in Eurosurveillance is being considered, with NFPs and network 
members as co-authors where applicable.

Thank you for your time and contribution!

Best regards,

ECDC FWD team

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL